Monday, October 13, 2014

Thanks to Randy Rimland

My friend Randy, came to these workshops on a private tour for 5 days of shooting, all the way from North Carolina.  We had some great fun with the raptor shoots, also landscapes and the Niagara Falls.
Notes from Randy:

I did my 2nd Ray Barlow photo trip and after Costa Rica my expectations were HIGH. I flew from Charlotte North Carolina to Ontario Canada, just for these workshops. Once again Ray amazed me with his ability to bring the birds to your lens. Lots of static opportunities with some beautiful birds but the flight shots were to die for. Ray flies the birds from post to post and the posts are plenty far apart to get great flight shots. Ray flies the birds very low, something that had me concerned at 1st. This is not the Birds In Flight that your dad shot against blue skies, Ray's birds fly low amongst awesome colors and vegetation but a real Auto Focus challenge for you and the camera. You get 30 minutes per bird, 6-7 birds over the course of the 3 hour workshop and 300mm FX is the perfect FL. More keepers than I ever expected and some amazing wing and head positions.

I am already planning my next trip to Canada.
BTW, check out my Costa Rica pics and the recent flight workshop pics at my website: RandyRimlandPhotography.com and email me if you have any questions about anything.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment.. ray@raymondbarlow.com