Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Artist Lynne Luker

Thanks to Lynne for using some of my images for reference!  Lynne sent me some copies of her work, so I thought it would be cool to let everyone see her art...
_______________________________________

I live in Kimberley, British Columbia in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.  Ten years ago I decided to try my hand at painting as I have always loved to draw. I started out with oils and then switched to acrylics about 2 years later. I had a lot of struggles along the way because I was self-taught but then took a 5 day course from Terry Isaac which really helped me improve my artwork. 

I have always been very much in love with every aspect of nature even though I mostly paint wildlife and raptor birds.  I like to capture nature on canvas, rock or wood, in a unique and special way, meaning something not often observed by most.

When I came across Ray Barlow's photography site, I was hooked. I thought to myself, this guy has the eye for capturing those very special moments in a photograph that I like to portray on canvas.  I love using Ray's work for my reference material as I feel we truly view nature and it's beauty in the same way. That's one thing I want my art work to reflect, and that is something that is not the norm. I want it to be something that people are wowed about and say, " Look at that, now that is something you don't see everyday!"  That's how I feel when I get an opportunity to paint one of Ray's spectacular photographs!

My art work is available on line at http://www.lynnemluker.com










(please click on the images for a larger view!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment.. ray@raymondbarlow.com